by anderson
Since US media coverage of all things Sarah Palin pales all else*, more
than a few may not have noticed that the CRU "Climate gate" charade is
playing out heavily in the British press.
Without further commentary, the tale is summarily and succinctly told
by the front pages of two UK dailies, Sunday, February 7, 2010
editions. Any editorial bias and/or hidden corporate agendas, either
apparent or inferred, are purely coincidental.
Of the two, I suspect you will find the latter story the more interesting.
Think-tanks take oil money and use it to fund climate deniers
Yes. Yes, they do. And have been for years. Naturally, recipients of
oil revenue largess scoff at the notion of a conspiracy -- "I'm
a grim and mirthless bastard! fiercely independent! No one has
co-opted me! Any coincidence between ExxonMobil's agenda and my own is
purely that: coincidence."
It seems that the letter The Royal Society sent to Exxon some years ago failed to have the desired effect.
* Is anyone else sickened by what has happened to memeorandum?
" Is anyone else sickened by what has happened to memeorandum?"
ReplyDeleteIt's not memeorandum's fault. Gabe has it set up as simply an aggregator of what the political blogs are doing and he's honestly non-partisan to a fault. Blame the level of discourse, not the messenger :-)
Regards, Steve
Well, kudos to Gable then. My apologies. But this then means things are much worse than I thought.
ReplyDeleteWhat is amazing to me is the time and energy these so-called liberals and lefties give to commenting on the right-wing commentary about Sarah Palin and other nifty GOP luminaries. Good grief, I mean, if I found myself commenting on the commentary of some gas bag at Hot Air, I think I'd want to re-prioritize.
I do not believe, however, that this is political partisanship so much as pure celebrity partisanship. The celebrity of Republicans should zero right now, and yet it is not. Because this is about Sarah, not the GOP. She aims to bust 'em all up! Didn't you hear? Alaska is the shining city on the hill now.
Everyone wants to talk about Sarah Palin and what a gem she is or what a ghastly idiot. Problem is, it's death cult celebrity, and giving it great attention, no matter what, furthers that celebrity. If liberals didn't seethe in fury at the sight of Ann Coulter, she wouldn't be where she is today.
Just say no! to Sarah Palin.