By Dave Anderson:
My plan for the day is the following;
- Make breakfast
- Take my daughter to the library for a couple hours of playing
- Notarize a petition sheet
- File my ballot access papers with Allegheny County
I've been asked by the outgoing precinct captain of Swissvale-8 to run as a replacement for the borough's Democratic Committee. I've been involved in local politics for a while now and I know the people on my block and the three other blocks in the district by sight if not by name after living here for five years. So I spent most of yesterday after I finished brewing a batch of beer collecting signatures. I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but I stand a good chance of winning the election (the only other candidate(s) would be write-ins) and I think this gives me a slightly greater soap-box to use.
Dave, good luck with the campaign (not that it looks like you'll need luck!)
ReplyDeleteI'm in Wilkinsburg,it'll be good to have a quality person on the Democratic committee in my neighboring commuity.
Good Luck and Thank You. America needs smart people to be involved.
ReplyDeleteThree Cheers and good luck.
ReplyDeleteGo blogger revolution.
Excellent, Dave!! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteGreat news. This is how to build a progressive coaliton within the party. Take over the machine from the ground up. Thanks so much for doing this.
ReplyDelete